TR Johnson, Associate Broker,
Educator & Notary
Real Estate Experience
October 1984 licensed as real estate sales associate with Bowers, Nelms & Fonville Realtors - Hanover, VA 1984 - 1987
Affiliated with I-Z Realty (Richmond, VA), Sales Associate (1987 – 1990)
Joined Cliff Taylor Realty (Richmond, VA), Manager for marketing and sale of government-acquired (HUD & VA) properties (1990 - 1993)
February 1992 Associate Broker
June 1993 Founded Barton Heights Realty & Development, Richmond, VA -- Firm specializing in the sales and marketing of HUD & VA (government-acquired) properties..
* February 2000 – company incorporated;
* March 2002 - company restructured to add real estate education services through Building Home Ownership Training Institute – (BHOTI);
* Company closed after 10 years of success - June 1, 2003 - June 2003
Affiliated with Apollo Associates Realty (Atlanta, GA) as Managing Broker July 2003.
Founded Building Home Ownership, LLC D/B/A www.Home-tips-for-consumers.com
Provide housing educational services and resources for home buyers, sellers and investors and entrepreneurs; small business consultant and legal services associate.
Self-published “NO FEAR” Workbooks for home buyers and sellers;
Created Building Home Ownership Training Institute (BHOTI), workshops for realty consumers;
Provided notary services for clients and realty community;
Developed real estate curriculum and taught adult night class (2-year funded program) for J. Sargeant Reynolds Community College;
* Worked daily with banks, mortgage companies, inspectors and other realty professionals in the performance of assisting buyers and sellers realize their housing goal;
* Performed management duties for several non-profit housing organizations; Interfaith Housing Coalition, The Task Force of Richmond and Housing Opportunities Made Equal (H.O.M.E.).
* Provided real estate education and marketing services for Greater Richmond Urban League and Housing Opportunities Made Equal (H.O.M.E.);
* Performed 2-year contract with US Marshall Services handling their seized assets;
* Performed property management duties for several clients;
As Managing Broker for the main office of Apollo Associates Realty, my main function is to oversee and maintain the daily routine of all office functions.
To supervise office staff and assist agents with their daily real estate business in accordance with the standards and codes of the Georgia Real Estate Commission and other governing entities.
My job is assisting in the growth of the company through support and assistance with other company locations by providing guidance and support needed that was beneficial for the company.
Legal Assisting and Business Management Curriculum (J. Sargeant
Affirmative Action Classes
Sales Strategy Seminars
Train the Trainer Workshops
At Home with Diversity Workshops
Community Revitalization Committee (National Association of Realtors) 1992;
Ad Monitoring Committee (National Association of Realtors) 1988;
Membership Committee (National Association of Real Estate Brokers) 1992 - 1995;
Education Chair – The Entrepreneurs Alliance (TEA) 1997 - 2001);
Housing Advisory Board (Greater Richmond Urban League) 1998 - 2002;
Commissioner - Richmond Human Relations Commission (2001- 2003);
Realtist Member – Empire Board of Realtors (2003 – present);
Member – The Women’s Council of Empire Board of Realtors (2004 – 2006);
The Lithonia Leads Group (2008)
Women Entrepreneurs Powerhouse (2008)
This resume reflects skill and knowledge of real estate procedures, strong sales and marketing background and attentive people and management skills all based on a genuine desire to help others.
I believe that the housing market of today is not about houses, it is about connecting people and information to create a win-win for all involved.
My goal is providing the resources to connect people & information for Ssccess!